[G4] Can't connect to anyone

Dennis B. Swaney romad at cncnet.com
Wed Oct 13 07:07:37 PDT 2004

I have a G4 iMac and all of a sudden I can't connect to any Internet
places. Yeterday morning all was fine but last night and this morning
nothing works once I connect to my ISP. I repaired permissions, ran
the cron scripts, etc. Every thing seemed to work ok until I tried to
go online. I'm on dial up, and the modem dials out and connects with
my ISP just fine. However, after that I can't get anywhere. My email
applications (Eudora  6 & Mail) won't connect, web browsers won't
connect, AOL won't connect via TCP/IP. I don't know where to start
troubleshooting. Any ideas? Fortunately, I can still use OS 9 and
connect with it on my old Bondi to send this out, so I know the
problem is the G4 iMac. BTW, I'm running 10.3.5, and have 1 GB of RAM
--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney