[G4] Wake from Sleep Problems with USB 2.0 PCI Card

Casey Coulon 2AzBoys at cox.net
Tue Oct 26 13:53:09 PDT 2004

Hi there,

After I installed a Keyspan U2PCI-5 USB 2.0 card my G4 450 AGP
(Sawtooth) running OS 10.3.5 won't wake from sleep (unless I do a
forced restart) after putting it to sleep. On its own, it just won't go
to sleep at all now (fan runs and power light stays green, not amber).

If nothing is plugged into card, then no problems. Otherwise, problems.
This defeats the purpose of the new high speed card since the built in
is only USB 1.0.

Does anyone know of a USB 2.0 card that will work on a G4 AGP
(Sawtooth) without these problems? If so, I would be eternally
gratefull! Thanks. Casey.