[G4] OT: Unusual Apple sales policy.

Philip J Robar philip.robar at myrealbox.com
Tue Apr 12 14:15:42 PDT 2005

On Apr 12, 2005, at 12:16 PM, John Erdman wrote:

> The only thing I can  figure is that this policy is intended to
> build sales at the Apple Web store... but if these people are part
> of their dealership network why  limit how they can sell? If I were
> in charge of Apple sales I'd want to maximizes sales from all my
> possible outlets.  So I still don't see the logic of it.

Apple has a history of dealing poorly with resellers. They currently
appear to be doing their best to put most of them out of business.
Here in the San Francisco Bay Area most if not all small Apple
resellers, especially at the retail level, have gone out of business.
At least one of them is suing Apple. I believe that VARs are also
generally treated poorly.

Phil