[G4] iPhoto sooo slow

Raymond E. Hardy rhardy27 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 19 06:20:46 PDT 2005

Hi Andrew,
    Sorry, I was just trying to relate my current iPhoto experience hoping
it would be helpful. I'm about to upgrade to iPhoto 5 and need help in
deciding how to best backup and protect my growing library. I've moved my
picture files to my new 2nd internal HD and begun backing them up to DVD
(which for me is a new experience). I'm going to delete the original files
from my 1st drive because that drive is operating near its capacity. The
size of my Picture file is about 11 G B and is growing much faster now that
I'm storing Raw images. (iPhoto 5 is hopefully going to receive the Raw
files.) Anyhow, being relatively new to all this I'm hoping I'm doing the
"right thing", wondering how much redundancy is wise, and will appreciate
any thoughts about proper file management that anyone could send my way.
Best regards,
Ray