[G4] Panther install up to date

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Thu Apr 21 14:50:31 PDT 2005

On 04/21/05, Dale Hoffman <dhoff at margnat.com> wrote:

> I was just getting ready to install a new drive into my G4 when news
> of the 10.3.9 updater came out.
>
> Here is what I have on the build list.
> Am I missing anything?
>
> 1. 10.3.5 original Panther install CD
> 2. 10.3.8 Combo update (remember to disconnect FireWire devices)
> 3. Security Update 2005-003
> 4. 10.3.9 update

Why are you starting from scratch? Why are you applying the 10.3.8 combo
and not going directly with the 10.3.9 combo?

I suggest putting the new drive into a FW enclosure, hook it up to your
computer, update the old drive to 10.3.9, run Software Update, and get any
remaining ones, repair permissions, clone the old drive to the new one
(Carbon Copy Cloner, selecting the make bootable option), boot into the
clone, and make sure everything works as advertised. When satisfied, swap
the drives.