[G4] Backups and Buying Drives

shopdog shopdog at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 18:23:55 PDT 2005

Everyone has been very helpful-- you guys sure know a lot.  I had no
idea this list existed until I stumbled on it.  What a great resource.

I have some more questions.

What is the best way to back up a 15GB iPhoto library to DVD?  Or
should I use something else?  I want to be able to store the backup
"offsite".

Which is the best backup software to use-- Apple's Backup, or
Retrospect.  Does either span multiple DVDs or CDs and how reliable are
they?  Are they any better than Carbon Copy Cloner?

Also-- is there such a thing as a firewire bus-powered enclosure for a
3.5" hard drive?  If so, does anyone have a suggestion for getting one
for a 120GB SATA drive (IBM/Hitachi-- the one I wrote about earlier).
I'm deciding to bail on trying to put it in my G4 enclosure at the
moment because the firewire bus-powered just seems easier!

If not, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a reliable 2.5"
drive (any size) with a firewire (preferably 800) bus-powered enclosure
for a decent price?

Thanks again, as always...

shopdog