[G4] OS advertising

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Thu Apr 28 23:15:02 PDT 2005

On 28 Apr, 2005, at 13:32, Daniel Brieck Jr. wrote:

Does anyone find it kind of annoying that  in recent weeks, we have
been shown Windows Xp ads on TV.  MS I guess is just ensuring their
investments, which is what Apple should be doing, right.

Dan,

I have been ranting for over six years that Apple needs to get a
responsive public relations/advertising agency to tout their goods on
TV, magazines, newspapers, etc. If Chevrolet and Ford advertised the
way Apple does, we would all be driving Toyotas or Cadillacs.

I will not go into all the details about the lack of pertinence or name
recognition, but what does a commercial tell you when you have to wait
until the final two seconds to see the Apple logo? By that time, I have
gone channel surfing to see what is coming on and what channel it is on
for the next hour of my viewing.

MS just has a competent agency working for them. Apple has some jerk in
a corner office that can't get away from the "avant garde" method. End
result - some way out dancers with iPods superimposed on their
silhouettes with no dialogue.

End of rant.