[G4] MDD sudden quits

Jay E. Krauss, Jr. jekrauss at charter.net
Sun Aug 14 13:04:35 PDT 2005

	I have two MDD G4s, both maxed out with
four hard drives and 2 GB RAM and running OS X
10.4.2. One gives me no problems; the other has
developed the nasty habit of suddenly turning
itself off. I've taken it to an Apple authorized
service center once and a logic board was
replaced. This solved the problem for about a
month, now it is beginning to happen again. Tech
Tool Pro detects no problems with any of its
tests. The hard drives check out with both Disk
Warrior and Disk Genius. I've hooked it to a UPS
to eliminate possible electrical fluctuations.
The CPU temperature stays under 59° C and the
hard drive temperatures 37-44°C (similar to the
functioning unit).
	Has anyone else run into this problem,
and if so, was there a solution found?