[G4] Virus and Mac OS X?

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Dec 12 06:50:05 PST 2005

On 12/12/2005 11:22 PM, "Jim Manley" <jpmanley at gmail.com> wrote:

> A PC? you sir are on the dark side!!!

I hang my head in shame :-) Will you forgive me if I swear that I only use
it to swear at and beat senseless every time Bill Gates appears on the news
suggesting Windoze is new and improved?

Seriously, until certain software developers make Mac versions of their
programs, its hard to avoid having it though I can barely use it through
inexperience.

 As to the comments in the reply from JJ about the router, it can solve the
existing problem when installing the router because the router automatically
gains a new IP address and this was enough in my case at least to confuse
the spammer and end the problem.

You also should be thankful for having a good ISP. Telstra Bigpond simply
refused to accept it as their problem, stating they cannot change IP
addresses and giving the usual spiel about the evils of spam being
unavoidable and get an AV program. I would never recommend them.

Its all beside the point, a router can be a good thing in protecting oneself
from the evils of the internet.

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art