[G4] Trying to insall Panther on a Yikes G4

Darin Sheriff dadarster at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 27 11:03:29 PST 2005

I recently acquired a Yikes G4 with 256mb of system memory and a 10gb hard
drive.  I am trying to install OS X Panther on it but I get as far as a grey
screen with the Apple logo on it.  The monitor then goes to sleep (and stays
that way) and I have no idea what is happening after this.

The video card is an ATI Rage 128 with 16mb of memory and I recently
purchased the 256mb memory module from Microcenter that the mac guys there
recommended.  What am I missing?