[G4] NeverWinter Nights crashing w/OS10.3.7?

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Sun Jan 2 17:16:19 PST 2005

Ron:

I know nothing about your game.  But did you Repair Permissions with
Disk Utility before installing 10.3.7?  You should do it now.

Next, what about trashing the game and its preferences in your Library
folder and then reinstalling it?

On Jan 2, 2005, at 5:50 PM, Ron Steinke wrote:

> Is anyone else having this problem?
>
> I recently downloaded and installed the OS upgrade to 10.3.7.
> Everything else seems to be working with this upgrade, but my
> NeverWinter Nights game is crashing at startup.
>
> NWN (original CD version installation without updates) was working
> perfectly using OS 10.3.5 and 10.3.6. Now, when I attempt to start
> from an alias or from the installed program, it simply crashes before
> allowing any NWN data to load and gives me the program crash dialogue
> window.
>
> I am using a G4 Gbit Ethernet upgraded to 1GHz processor w/1Gb RAM and
> OS 10.3.7. I have earlier versions of the OS installed on separate
> hard drives, but haven't tried booting to those and installing NWN on
> them yet. I would rather not have to use one of my backup drives as my
> "gaming" drive, but it appears that I might have to do that in order
> to get back to playing NWN.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.