[G4] How to Change computer name

jonseward at mindspring.com jonseward at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 6 09:44:16 PST 2005

Hi Dick,

I might have misunderstood earlier:

To change your computer's name open the preferences window, then select
'Sharing'  You can then
highlight the name of your computer and type in a new name.  You may lose
connectivity from
other computers that may be on your network unless you go to them and
provide your new name
on those computers - I'm too chicken to change my computer's name and then
find out...though it
should be based on the underlying numerical address...

jon