[G4] New hard drive for DP 500 G4

rich northouse rnorthouse at wi.rr.com
Sat Jan 8 07:22:49 PST 2005

I had the same problem with my Quick Silver 733 mhz, OSX.3.2 (at that
time, now 10.3.7). Installed a 250 gb drive and could only see 128gb.
If I used it as a firewire drive, I could see the whole drive -- and it
really wasn't that slow.  But I installed a SONNET ATA 133 controller
card and now I can see all 250 gb. I also added a couple of more drives
to the new controller. I believe that the new controller is slightly
faster than the Apple controller..  I purchased my Sonnet cared on the
net for $80.

Rich Northouse