[G4] Help with Installing a Seagate SATA drive on a G4 AGP

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 12 12:59:40 PDT 2005

You didn't state what steps you took beside turning on the computer.

So first I would run System Profiler and make sure the SATA card is
being recognized, if it is try Disk Utilities and format the drive.

If the card does not show up in the profiler reinstall the drivers
also remove and reseat the card to make sure it is all the way in the
slot, if the card is present but there is no drive, double check your
connections to the drive.

Brian

G4 gigE 1.0 GHz Powerlogix, 1 GB RAM