[G4] More on the missing SATA drive

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 13 05:32:14 PDT 2005

Sorry, I had to read the responses in the archive as I am no longer
receiving messages.  The digest seems to be constipated.

Thomas,  one of the first things I tried was to see if the Disk Utility
could find the new drive so it could be formatted.  No joy!  The Disk
Utility can only find my primary 128 GB Seagate ATA drive.  The SATA did not
show up at all.

My guess is the Syba card is not Mac compatible and will have to go back to
Fry's.  I have an E-Mail inquiry pending at Computer Surplus to see if they
still have the EZY Connectivity Solutions SATA PCI card for $20 that I
understand comes with Mac drivers.

Stay tuned!

Anybody tried the EZY card?

Dick

-------

Thomas Lane tommylane at verizon.net
Wed Jul 13 03:34:05 PDT 2005

No. Disk Utility will recognize it and you can format it there.