[G4] 8X burns VS. 16X burns

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Sat Jul 16 14:29:56 PDT 2005

On Jul 15, 2005, at 8:57 PM, James Pacyga wrote:

> Interesting.  Let us know if it works after you get the cable.
>
> jim

Well, here is the follow up.  I picked up a 80 Pin cable today and
installed it.  Unfortunately, no improvement.  I'd swear it is the
same cable  that is already in my G4.  They both have 40 pin IDE
connectors.  They both have the same color connectors...Blue for the
motherboard, gray for the first connector, and black for the last
connector.  And, they both appear to have the same number of wires.
If any one that has been able to achieve true 16X burns on their G4,
I would love to here how to do it.

Thanks,

Kevin