[G4] Sleep vs Shutdown

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 6 11:10:11 PDT 2005

My personal experience is opposite what you have said.  In OS9 it was
better to Restart or Shutdown so the system could reset itself and the
Ram allocation.  In OSX (10.3 and 10.2) I have found that the system
works for a year at a time without Restarting or Shutdown.  In OSX I
highly recommend Sleep as a very viable option.  Just make sure you
have a UPS for power outages and Surge protection for spikes because
when the computer is on 24/7 there is a 100% chance of both over a
year.

jj

On 6-Jun-05, at 12:48 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com