[G4] Is my Radeon 9800 128mb Mac card ok?

Michael L. Brown brownml at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 15 13:26:23 PDT 2005

Did you replace your power supply, when you installed the card. I
think your power supply is only rated for 220 watts, like my Gigahetz
Ethernet G-4. Almost all ATI cards more recent than the 9000
recommend checking the available power before installing. It is one
of the marginal notes on the OWC web site.

Mike

>I just upgraded my video card to a 9800 128mb Radeon Mac edition card
>and it worked great for about a day.  From day 2 onward, I got light
>pink vertical lines running up and down across my LCD monitor.  They
>appear on the whole desktop all the way up to the menu!
>
>I have a Sonnet ST 1gz upgraded AGP Sawtooth w/ 1.5RAM and had a 8500
>Radeon before the upgrade.  I am also running Tiger 10.4.1 .
>Everything was working perfectly before!
>
>Thanks for any help!
>
>Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:

Almost never pointless.