[G4] .Mail App

Dennis B. Swaney romad at nvwisp.com
Sun Jun 19 10:57:12 PDT 2005

At 9:22 AM -0400 6/19/05, Steve Goldstein wrote:
>Mail.app **works** for me, but it is an absolute drudge compared to
>Eudora which, though lousy at rendering HTML, and not coordinated
>with AddressBook, can thread operations (like fetching mail and
>reading mail at the same time), whereas with Mail.app, it can do
>only one thing at a time.  While Mail.app updates the indexes of
>various "smart" mail folders, for example, nothing else can happen.
>You are dead in the water while you wait for it to finish.  Or, when
>you Send a message, you have to sit and wait for the "whoosh,"
>whereas in Eudora and other good mail clients, you can send in the
>background and go on to another task while the sending operations
>take place.  Mail.app is fine for a person that works with only a
>handful of messages daily and does not have huge mail archives, but
>I find it terribly underpowered for my needs.

I also vastly prefer Eudora over AppleMail, mainly because navigating
around is much easier. In AppleMail it is double-click, read message,
close message, double-click to read next message, ad nauseum. In
Eudora, you just double click to read the first message and then use
a key command (I use Cmd-and the down or up arrow keys) to move to
the next message. The previous message is closed and the next one
opens. In AppleMail, this only works with the preview pane, while I
like to have the complete message open.

Regarding HTML, Eudora gives you the option to use HTML, but HTML
should NOT be used in email. ALWAYS USE PLAIN TEXT FOR EMAIL!!!