[G4] Re: Flashing

Tony Gamble tgamble180 at rogers.com
Mon Jun 20 08:44:24 PDT 2005

Woops!  Sorry 'bout that.  However, I checked the other page (http://
forum.rpc1.org) and found a brand-new post for your drive!

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=34951&highlight=109

Don't let the .EXE file scare you off... it's just a compressed file
that Stuffit can handle.  I checked it myself, and the appropriate
files are inside.

However, the DVRFlash program that I used to easily flash mine
through OS X doesn't support the 109, apparently. :(  Perhaps someone
else on the list has an alternative for you.

Having said that, I did find some information here: http://
forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=34446&highlight=109
... which suggests there is a suitable flasher out there for you
(linked on that page).

By the way, my firmware version shows up in the "Firmware Revision"
field:

PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-107D:

   Firmware Revision:    1.21
   Interconnect:    ATAPI
   Burn Support:    Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported)
   Cache:    2000 KB
   Reads DVD:    Yes
   CD-Write:    -R, -RW
   DVD-Write:    -R, -RW, +R, +RW
   Burn Underrun Protection CD:    Yes
   Burn Underrun Protection DVD:    Yes
   Write Strategies:    CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO

Tony