[G4] Loss of connection to helper tool while copying drives...

Nick Shank nshank at quorumsystems.yi.org
Wed Jun 29 01:49:21 PDT 2005

Hi all,
 I'm trying to upgrade from a 30G to a 120G hdd on my G4. I've done this
before several times on my MDD G4, and not had a problem. The machine I
am having problems with is a AGP G4. Using disk utilities restore
option, it gives me an error saying lost connection to helper tool.
 I've tried to boot off the 10.3 system cd's, and use disk utility on
that, but it copies up to about 99%, then sits and waits. I've let it
sit for about an hour at that point.
 I've noticed that I can boot the system off the 120, and that most
things work, however, the amount of free space is reported incorrectly.
 Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have a project or two that
I need to get done w/ iMovie sooner rather then later...
 Thanks,
Nick