[G4] Wireless Networking

Brad Larrabee brad.larrabee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 17:16:17 PST 2005

I'm looking for a way to connect my two non-wireless Macs to my
wireless network.
I'd like to be able to plug both of these macs into a router which
would be connected wirelessly to the existing wireless network.  My
reasoning is that I'd prefer not to drill any more holes in my
landlords floor and the modem and wireless rotor are on the second
floor whereas I occupy the third floor.

I guess I could buy wireless cards for these two machines, but I like
the idea of having a hub that I could plug a couple of other machines
into if the need arised.

Is this possible?

Any hardware reccommendations?

Any thing I should look out for?

I don't know if my wireless is G or B, but I imagine I can figure that
out by looking at the router.  Do I need to make sure that what ever I
buy is built for that particular platform?

Brad