[G4] AIFF, MP3, Quality Issue

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Sat May 14 16:57:29 PDT 2005

Some may remember questions about iMic - I got it to work, finally.
What did it was to plug the iMic into the speaker ports, not the Aux
port. Dunno why - whatever works.

Originally I converted my AIFFs to MP3 before burning to CD, as I
thought CD players played MP3s. Then I discovered iTunes was
reconverting the MP3s back to AIFFs before burning the CD. I am
guessing AIFFs have better sound quality as the MP3s are much smaller
in size.

My ears can't tell the difference because I am hard of hearing.

Any input on this? Now I am just using them as AIFFs when I burn to CD,
and am assuming the MP3 conversion is only necessary if one wants to
listen on an iPod. So far everyone has been able to use the CDs, even
folks on Windows computers.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X 10.2.8)