[G4] Changing Drive Name

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Sat May 14 18:54:33 PDT 2005

On May 14, 2005, at 16:49, Tim Collier  and others wrote:

> Usually clicking on the name and waiting for it to turn into a cursor
> for typing works.  That's how I've always rename drives.....unless
> there's another way?

Thanks all
	That worked just fine. What buffaloed me is that I had no drive icons
on the desktop. I had to change my Finder preferences to display them
first.  Then I could change them either by clicking on the name or
changing it in the info window.
I never was able to find a way to do it in the Disk Utility.

Thanks for your forbearance for another dumb question.  For some reason
I'd recalled there was a trick to it. But maybe that was a recollection
from my experiences with earlier Mac OS versions. In OSX it is a snap.

Thanks,
John