[G4] DVDs not showing up in G4

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Wed May 18 08:08:39 PDT 2005

On May 17, 2005, at 18:32, Derek Gross wrote:

> concerning the disk burning, what does everyone elses computer say
> because mine says "not supported" however, I always burn through
> toast.

The message may have a different wording, depending on which version of
the OS you are using (clearly not Tiger). Such details are relevant.

The message says that the OS recognizes a drive is attached, but it
does not provide a disc recording driver for it. Consequently,
applications which use the DiscRecording framework (e.g., iTunes,
Finder) cannot burn with that drive. Other applications (e.g., Toast,
DragonBurn, cdrdao) can, because they don't use this framework.

<0x0192>