[G4] OT: Questions about a Blue & White G3

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Sat May 28 17:54:44 PDT 2005

I think this question could be better answered on the LEM G-List but
I unsubscribed because of the list nanny.  Anyway, I'll give it a
shot here.  I decided to buy a Blue & White G3 350 and a G4 upgrade
card for it (G4 500 mhz).  I did see an article or two about
overclocking it also.  What I am wondering is if I can install the G4
card and still overclock the system bus or is this a bad idea.  I
basically bought this computer because I like to 'tinker' around but
I wouldn't dream of doing it on my present Macs that I 'really' use.
The whole computer was only $189, so if I end up killing it, it's no
huge loss but I'd like to end up with a fast usable computer.  I also
bought one of the Sonnettech Aria wireless cards for it and I'm going
to use an old 19 inch VGA monitor that I had left over from my PC
days (it's a Gateway).
So, would overclocking AND upgrading the CPU be a bad idea or not?
Thanks for any input on this.  Also any links you might think of
would be appreciated.

Tim