[G4] looking for telltale signs of death in a applevision (CRT) monitor

Roger Harris roger at rogerdharris.com
Mon May 30 13:44:30 PDT 2005

Apple has not made a CRT in couple years. A Mitsubishi Diamond Pro or
a Pro model Viewsonic would be a top notch CRT. Sony Pro line is good
but too over priced and not quite as good as those mentioned. I have
all the monitors I have mentioned and prefer the Pro version
Viewsonics. These monitors have much better warranties than Apple.
The Studio Display and the LaCie blue series are Mitsubishi Diamond
Pro CRTs.

You can get these great CRTs dirt cheap right now. Mitsubishi has
stopped making CRTs and others will follow. Mitsubishi Diamond Pros
are still available right now.