[G4] Dual Layer DVD Unit=> Pioneer DVR-109, DVR-110

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Tue May 31 08:56:43 PDT 2005

The reason that the DVR-109's are being discounted is to clear the
inventory for the new DVR-110's.  The 110's will also be dual layer
(DL) capable, but will do DL -R as well as DL +R.  According to what
I read, the 109's will only do DL +R.  With single layer, the -R
technology appears to be  compatible with more players than the +R
technology so it will be worth it to me to wait around for the 110s
to emerge on the marketplace in June or July. I can easily wait a few
more months after that for the 110s to come down in price a bit,
because I already have a DVR-105 in my Quicksilver as well as a
DVR-109 in an external enclosure.  Once I get the 110, I will swap
out the 105.

--Steve