[G4] Key Caps missing in Tiger?

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Fri Nov 4 10:06:13 PST 2005

Ray,

It is nice how it floats on top of all other windows too.

I don't think they are trying to make it harder to find on purpose. I
think they just tried to place it in a logical place with the
keyboard preferences so that maybe a new user of os x might find it.
It goes against tradition is really what it does, for users who have
been running since the Classic OS days. But if we were new users we
would probably not know what Key Caps was, or even how to find it,
with out opening it by chance, first.. It is one of those things like
looking for the Chooser to print when first going from os 9 to 10.
There is a new way to do it...

But apple did do a Back up plan sort of... Note that if you type "Key
Caps" into Mac Help from the Finder it gets you the answer. However,
typing 'Key Caps' into the Spotlight search in System Preferences
does not and it should...

Daniel J. Brieck Jr.