[G4] DISABLE DASHBOARD

Perry The Cynic perry at cynic.org
Tue Nov 15 09:05:00 PST 2005

--On November 15, 2005 10:03:13 AM -0500 Frank Sudore <fsudore at mac.com>
wrote:

> I am the it manager at a company that is 100% Mac. (Like the Maytag
> repair man).
> We are about to make the jump to Tiger and  need to limit access to
> certain users. Is there anyway to disable dashboard?
> Any help is most appreciated.

Take a look at MCX (aka MacManager), the workgroup user-management tool.
It's meant to restrict (per-user) what can be done on a Mac. It's not
terribly hacker-proof, but it works on normal users just fine. :-)

I don't remember offhand whether it can restrict Dashboard, but it's
probably your best bet at a *supported* per-user solution.

Cheers
  -- perry