[G4] Speeding up

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Tue Oct 11 14:17:00 PDT 2005

Greetings ( + )!( + )

On Oct 11, 2005, at 1:14 PM, whshaw wrote:

> To show my ignorance, I am asking three questions.
> 1. Does my email address stay the same?
No unless the provider that you choose is the same as you are using
now. And even then it may change if you are using the same provider.
Your best bet is to get your own "Domain Name" which has email
forwarding and then no matter which ISP you choose your eMail address
can always be the same.

> 2.How does the system arrive, through a phone line or through a cable.
ADSL (DSL) will arrive via the telephone line and "Cable" will arrive
via you local TV Cable.

> 3.If through a cable how does it connect to my computer?
Just like your Dial-up modem, there is a DSL modem, and a Cable modem.

> Thanks
>
> Wilton

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing
through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...
and then we return home.
Australian Aboriginal proverb