[G4] Re: No power with door closed

Melinda mgarrelts at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 10:42:48 PDT 2005

I had the same kind of thing with the power button
dimming.  I have no idea what caused it in the first
place.  I have a MDD with 2 optical drives and 4
internal HDs.  I was to the point of holding the
button in until it really got going, where I could
hear the fans going on, then I would let go.  Well,
one time I held it too long and ended up getting the
firmware update beep.  Beep is not exactly the right
word, as it scared the crud out of me.  I thought I'd
broken it forever.  Now I know better.  I have never
found a solution to this, but have found compromise.
I push in the button just like usual and even though
it goes off, a second later it starts up like usual.
The light slowly goes back on.  Kind of like it's
revving itself up to get moving.  There doesn't seem
to be any lasting effect to all of this, as this
happened to me at least 18 months ago and it's still
chugging along.

Melinda

If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.