[G4] MS-DOS HD I/O error

s* scart at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 16 13:04:28 PDT 2005

Hi,

a couple friend's of mine own a 340gb Lacie drive with FW800/400 and
USB.  It is formatted as an MS-DOS drive so they can share the drive
with their Mac and Window's machines.  Currently when they attempt to
connect it to their Powerbook G4, it will not mount.  We attempted to
mount and repair the drive with Disk Utility but, it says that there is
an I/O error.  Is there a program we can use for OS 10.3.9 that will
fix this error or must they attempt to fix it with Windows?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-s*