[G4] Update. G4 Powerbook Won't Boot Up. Help?

Ron Michael ronmichael at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 22:00:06 PDT 2005

Thanks to all who have helped so far. My friend doesn't know a lot
about Macs but does know Unix pretty well. he's already "hacked" into
the system which is where I got the info posted earlier. It's actually
his wife's computer so we're already third-hand here. She has the
original start up disk and he tried booting from that and it still
froze. We think it's pinned somewhere around those lines I posted
earlier: about block counts and key lengths. He doesn't have any disk
utilities but the IT guys at her school tried Disk Warrior and couldn't
repair it. He actually got as far as seeing that it's a Toshiba disk
drive in the Powerbook when he tried to boot from the restore disk but
it still hung on him. Like I say, he lives an hour away so if we all
don't help him long distance, he's going to drive over this weekend and
I'm going to try Tech Tool and maybe Norton Utilities. Any other ideas,
keep 'em coming but thanks for everything so far. I knew I'd come to
the right place.
Ron in Memphis

1. panic(cpu0): 0x300 - Data Access

2. panic: We are hanging here.

3. Incorrect block count for filesystem.log
It should be 15987 instead of 15988 (---or is it  file
system.log---probably just one word.)

4. Invalid key length (4, 9807)

5. Volume check failed

6. Warning: blocks on volume MacIntosch HD not allocated