[G4] Problem with DVR-109

Steve Jensen sjensen at photodynamik.com
Tue Apr 18 08:33:40 PDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I purchased a Pioneer DVR-109 some month back. It was installed into a
firewire/usb2 enclosure. This enclosure has an Oxford 911 chipset and
claimed to support 400GB drives, so it would seem to be able to support 16x
burns. It doesn't!  The instructions and other propaganda state that it
needs an 80wire cable to support the 16x. I understand this also called a
high density IDE cable.   I can't find anyone selling this high density
cable to even try it.  Has anyone put this burner in a firewire enclosure
had problems with burning at 16x?  Anyone have it in a G4 Digital Audio?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

TIA
--
Steve Jensen
Photo Dynamik