[G4] Re: G4 Digest, Vol 24, Issue 1

Robert MacLeay robertmacleay at mac.com
Wed Aug 2 16:24:01 PDT 2006

I expect it depends on which G4 you are running, but I would strongly
recommend getting a PCI card. Not only will you have access to a lot of new
space, free, but reading and writing may be a lot faster as well.

In QuickBench tests on my G4-upgraded B&W, read/write speeds with an ATA/133
PCI card showed up to 50% faster throughput compared to the on-board disk
controller.  This was with an older 80 GB Maxtor Drive.