[G4] Re: Where o where to put my aging OS 9 & how much space does she need?

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Sat Aug 5 08:10:46 PDT 2006

On Aug 4, 2006, at 10:32 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 19:06:49 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Richard Ramsowr <r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net>

> Jim
>
> thanks for the feed back - your replay raise a second
> question should OS 9 be on the first section with OS X
> (10.4) on the second part of the drive?

Looks like you partition your drive into two volumes.  You can put your
OS 9 in either place.  Some folks don't like it in the OS X boot
volume, but it will work fine either way.  One advantage of putting it
on a separate volume or even on a second hard drive is that you can
then wipe out the OS X volume, trash it, whatever, and that will not
affect your OS 9.  Whereever you put the OS 9, your OS X preferences
and your Startup Disk will find it.

Al Poulin