[G4] Dual Processor upgrade

Dave March dkmnow at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 10:21:45 PDT 2006

You should have quite a few options, depending on how
much you can spend and/or how technical you want to
get.

xlr8yourmac.com has an upgrade compatibility database,
consisting on reports/reviews from users, which
include  upgrade kits, fixes, and overclocking
methods.  Go to
http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/cpureview.lasso and
start by selecting "Apple G4 Dual CPU DDR".  You can
then select an upgrade manufacturer, or just browse
the reviews for the whole category (there are only 50
at present).  When you find one that looks promising,
do the usual detective work -- google some key phrases
to find the vendors' websites, browse the various
discussion forums to see what users have said about
particular ugrades, and so on.

Adventure awaits ... best o' luck!

Just out of curiosity, which MDD do you have, and what
recording software are you running?