[G4] Fried Ethernet Card

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Fri Aug 11 18:42:20 PDT 2006

On Aug 10, 2006, at 4:33 PM, WDunwiddie at aol.com wrote:

> My built-in (I assume) Ethernet card was fried recently by
> lightning storms despite a surge protector, UPS, and via a cable
> modem. I have a Yikes! G4 400 MHz with 1 GB RAM running OS X Tiger.
> Any advice on a PCI bus Ethernet card, or other options, would be
> vastly appreciated. Dialup sucks.
>
> Walter Dunwiddie

The same thing happened to my Gigabit G4.  I have been using a PCI
card for about a year.  It works fine on my 100 Mb/s network.  I
don't miss the other 900 Mb/s, since I never used them.  The loss of
the PCI slot is what sucks.  I wouldn't mind finding a USB or
Firewire based NIC though, to free up that slot.

Thanks,

Kevin