[G4] G4 OS9.2.2 browser??!!???

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Aug 15 08:26:18 PDT 2006

On 16/8/2006 12:27 AM, "Brian Minor" <brian at minorfineart.com> wrote:

> I am running OS 9.2.2 any advice on a good browser???
>
> Internet explorer (no longer supported) keeps on coming up with weird error
> messages. part of html or whatever that it no longer understands.
>
> I-Cab - similar problems as with internet explorer...
>
> Netscape 7.0???  Seems kind of slow, or quirky...  Is there a way to tweek
> it to work better??
>
> Or better yet another newer Browser that I am unaware of??
>
> Yours,
>
> Brian Minor

Netscape 7.2 is much better than 7.0, but I have a feeling that 7.0 was the
last to support OS 9. I had this same issue with my wife's computer, and the
only solution was... OS X

On this list an OS 9 enthusiast took me to task for suggesting that OS 9 is
becoming increasingly difficult to find compatible new software for, and
gave a long list of browsers that he said worked on OS 9. When I checked
some of them out I discovered that it seemed to be true only of archived
older versions such as the Netscape 7.0 which you are already using.

Hey, it is not all bad. Netscape is as ugly as sin, but like an old car it
is solid, and has a built in HTML editor (Composer) that is easy to love. It
may not be a race car, but it is reliable and practical, and in OS X at
least I have not found it any slower than Safari, to the contrary, it seems
faster, and does not suffer from the browsing bugs that Safari and IE Mac
are prone to in the new world of Web 2.

Good luck

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com