[G4] Backup Strategy for G4 to Ext Dive

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 17 15:04:18 PDT 2006

I have a G4 1GHz AGP and new external USB 2.0 external drive.  I have a
Belkin USB 2.0 card installed in the G4 so USB 2.0 is not an issue.

I realized a G4 Power PC cannot be started from an external drive.   My
question is the best way to use the external drive for backups.  Should I
use SuperDupper to clone the primary to the backup or should I make an image
of the primary drive and save the image to the external drive?

If I SD clone the primary to the external backup drive then remove the
cloned drive and install the inside the G4 should it then boot?