[G4] Re: System profiler and PC-133 RAM

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Sun Aug 20 08:46:37 PDT 2006

Het, thanks for the responses, guys.  The problem is still ongoing.  I wouldn't care how the RAM was recognized if I did'nt get the system freeze an hour or so  into the run.  I have a friend who has the identical machine without the processor upgrade, and his recognized the RAM as PC133.  He's gonna lend me one of his chips to try in my machine.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

I'd like to hear from others who got the Sonnet 1.8 GHz dual processor upgrade.  It required a firmware upgrade before installation, and for that you had to boot into OS 9.  Now I'm wondering if the firmware upgrade was only required on the older G4s (mine is Quicksilver 2002).

Stay tuned.  I'll keep you posted.  Incidentally, the computer really flies (before it freezes...).

Nate

From: Nicolas Kinnan <nasw at pcmagic.net>