[G4] Re: System profiler and PC-133 RAM => upgrading

Nicolas Kinnan nasw at pcmagic.net
Mon Aug 21 23:39:03 PDT 2006

I guess that's the thing...  I never used to hear about upgrade
problems in the past because nobody I knew ever got one.  However, I
did once end up with a PM6100/60 that was overclocked to 80MHz, and
while it was loud, it also never gave me a problem during the year or
so that it was my main machine.  I forget the manufacturer of the
overclocking setup...

I also ended up with a Power Computing PTP225 running a Newer Tech
G3/500 board that ran just swell until recently.  I'm pretty sure the
hard drive simply died in it, but until I can be sure, I guess there is
the possibility that there were problems with the G3 board.

Anyway, I think my point is... um... I think it's that I have long had
an interest in upgrades, but if they're more failure-prone now, I guess
I'll have to squelch that interest and try to scrounge up the dough for
a faster, newer machine.  So, I am in fact very interested in how your
situation turns out.

NAK

On 21 Aug 2006, at 21:55, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com