[G4] Panther or Tiger?

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Tue Feb 14 08:56:30 PST 2006

At 10:55 -0500 2/14/06, Anne Keller-Smith wrote:
>I'm sort of wrestling with some wierdness in my Jaguar system and wondering if instead of doing archive and install maybe just skip to Panther or Tiger?

If you need to use AppleTalk to communicate with older Macs (< OS 8 or < OS 9 as server) you cannot use Tiger. Other than that it's probably better than Panther.

That 40 GB drive may be a bit small. It's easy to add one more to the existing connector on the ATA bus. Tiger comes on DVD for a reason.

--

--> Science is the business of discovering and codifying the rules and methods employed by the Intelligent Designer. Religions provide myths to mollify the anxiety experienced by those who choose not to participate. <--