[G4] MT is still a mystery!!

Dan A Currie dancurr at frontiernet.net
Wed Jan 11 05:20:59 PST 2006

Hello,

My daughters, my old G3 / 500 MHz, MT Server OS 9.2.2, 18GB HD, 3GB HD,
CD-ROM and ZIP drives, has gone completely crazy.

1st - The CD drive no longer shows up on the desktop when media is
inserted. Also, the CD will no longer open or close and appears dead.

2nd - The second HD icons are no longer visible at all.

Last - AND now there is no video on the monitor, no desktop and the
primary HD spins for a bit then stops.

I have reseated the RAM, replaced PRAM battery, disconnected and
reconnected the cables.
Took out everything except the primary HD and still no joy.

This is becoming terribly frustrating and my daughter is not to happy
either ... she is 13 and believes in "instant total gratification right
NOW!!!"

Suggestions and wild ass ideas welcome.  BTW, I have the tech manual,
but it does not say in which order to put the devices back in.

Dan