[G4] Re: OK. Now I am starting to get a little irritated. Flatliner MDD.

transform baggins at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jan 12 21:45:34 PST 2006

> . I am
> learning all this by Immersion and find myself learning more by
> drinking
> from a fire hose!
macs are supplied with there own system disk and rom specific to the
hardware.
this is a rule of thumb as some will boot other machines but won't
install.
you need a retail version of osX which is not system specific.

> This was kind of a parting gift as I took a disability
> retirement from a major university
so they disabled the mac?????
most universities have there spare machines ratted by students or
teachers :-)
so if this machine was in bits then the mice have been in.
>  there were a butt load of these in use and I must have got the
> dingleberry

>  , I am hemorrhaging cash on  this thing that I thought might be a
> relatively easy re-assembly job.
all the main hardware is the same as a pc so you need to check them in
you good pc.
the mother board and cpu are not and then there is the rom and
battery........
if all else fails go see your local mac dealer and pick his brains as
well as ask for a copy of the original install disc which is free
except for the cost of a blank disc