[G4] Bigger/faster drive in a Mini

Wade Tinney wtinney at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 17 04:28:52 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm wanting to get one of the faster 5400 rpm drives for my Mac Mini
(1.42 GHz).  I also want to get a larger 100 Gigabyte drive, so I can
partition 10 to 20 gigs off for Ubuntu Linux and still have enough
drive room to process DVDs.

(I'd really rather install Ubuntu on an external Firewire drive, but
there's an issue with the installer - it won't install the boot
loader, so you can't access the installation.)

Has anyone tried using one of the 100 Gig 5400 rpm drives in their Mini?

Any issues?

I've also seen 120 Gig notebook drives (EXPENSIVE!).  Will a 120 gig
drive even work in a Mini?
--
Wade Tinney