[G4] g4 running os9 on pc named network

Doug Burton mdd867x2 at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 1 21:13:07 PDT 2006

On Jul 1, 2006, at 8:23 PM, Tony Johansen wrote:

> On 2/7/2006 7:31 AM, "SLarsonIH at aol.com" <SLarsonIH at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Tony,
>>
>> <RANT ON>
>> I have one question to ask. In what way did you answer his question?
>> I don't
>> want to start any flame wars, but your answer was of ZERO help!

<SNIP>

Steve, as the one who agreed with Tony, I can only say you didn't read
the original post very well.  He made it very clear he was a "PC guy".
So as a former "PC guy" myself, I can tell you that OS X makes what he
wanted to do much, much easier and the hoops that are required for OS 9
to be useful on a PC network are too much of a hassle to fool with when
you could use OS X and have the connectivity that you desire for much
less work.  From your lack of a helpful response I can see you don't
know of an easier way to do it in OS 9 either, so what was the exact
purpose of your RANT?

Just a message from Doug...