[G4] new hard drive

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Sun Jul 2 14:25:19 PDT 2006

On Jul 2, 2006, at 12:12 PM, Donna Dene English wrote:

> Is it easy to put a new hard drive into a G4? I have a dual 867 MHz
> G4.
>

> Thanks,
> Donna Dene

*
Donna:  Greetings!

My G4 came with one 10GB Hard Drive.  I added a 40GB in the second
internal slot, then replaced the original 10GB drive with another
40GB drive.

It was a very simple job.  The beauty of the big Macs (G4 and G5) is
ease of access.  When that door flops open, you have very easy access
to the innards.

Apple has some websites that will tell you exactly how to go about it.

BTW, I would not want to do something like this with my new Intel
iMac.  So I ordered it with a 250GB internal drive.

Good luck!

earle
*