[G4] g4 running os9 on pc named network

Doug Burton mdd867x2 at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 2 16:52:21 PDT 2006

On Jul 2, 2006, at 1:23 AM, SLarsonIH at aol.com wrote:

> Doug,
>
> Actually, I did. As a long time Mac guy who has belonged to a number
> of Mac
> lists, I guess I have a different perspective than the converted PC
> guy, who
> knows nothing of the old rants some of us used to hear on some of the
> lists
> about how stupid us OS9 users were because we preferred OS9 over X, or
> weren't
> interested in moving to X. His first paragraph sounded just like one
> of those. I
> reacted to what I thought was another one. If long time Mac owners on
> the list
> think I over reacted, I apologize. I'm sorry.
>
> The point I was trying to make, apparently unsuccessfully, was that
> you can
> suggest something without insulting or berating where the person is,
> what they
> use, prefer, etc.
>
> He could have said, "There may be a way to do it in OS9, but I don't
> know
> how. There are others on the list that might help you with OS9, but
> personally I
> think you'd save time by upgrading to OSX and using that instead. If
> you don't
> know OS9 and have to learn a new OS anyway, or don't have a lot of
> software
> invested in OS9, consider buying OSX. That's what He could have said.
> What I
> heard was, "You idiot. Why are you using 9? Why aren't you using X?".
>
> By the way, did you notice there was an answer to the guys question?
> <There is a program called PC/MAC LAN it works great for networking
> Macs and PC's.
>
> I used it for years on my Network, you install it on all PC's on the
> network and it connects to all the Macs.>
>
> Point well taken on the former PC guy front. I hadn't thought about
> the fact
> that there would be such a different perspective. I have heard that a
> number
> of people think it's an easier transition from Windows to OSX than
> from OS9.
>
> Once again, I'm sorry.
> STeve

<SNIP>

No problem Steve, I have the same perspective as a former PC guy when
the XP crowd started it's own RANT on how everyone should abandon
Windows 9x in favor of the latest offering from Mr. Gates.  That was
one of the main reasons I started looking at other choices such as
Linux and the Mac OS.  I'm just happy you aren't one of the people I
ran into a lot after switching who wants to get into whole which is
better Mac or PC.  I just enjoy computers and the things they do.

Just a message from Doug...